Advanced Project Management
The Advanced Project Management course is aimed at experienced project managers who are familiar with basic processes, tools and techniques and want to improve their theoretical background as well as be updated on the latest project management trends and evolutions.
During this course you will learn how to lead any project, large or small, using a holistic approach.
Participants to this Advanced Project Management course will:
- Consolidate their knowledge of the PMBoK® framework and understand how it can be used to establish a consistent and common approach to project management.
- Understand the importance of following a structured process to project planning and controlling, by effectively integrating scope, cost (resources) and time project dimensions.
- Recognize the importance of quality in project management and include the risk parameter into their project planning and management.
- Learn how measure and communicate project performance
- Understand what job design is and how to structure a team
- Gain finance and accounting skills in Project Management
- Know when to kill or to resurrect projects
This Advanced Project Management course includes theory and practice for a set of topics and domains related to project management (list below); however, with sufficient notice, the course can be tailored to the specific needs of the client and more or less emphasis can be given to certain topics or aspects.
Course Contents (Day One and Two):
- Review of the Basics (includes one project cycle)
- Finance in Project Management
- Leadership and Stakeholders Management
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Principles
- Dormant Projects, Turning around Projects
- Decision-making Elements
- Negotiation principles for Project Managers
- Team Management and Elements of Motivation
- Virtual teams and teleworking state of the art
- Internal Audits and Meetings
- Problem Solving
- Cultural elements
- Frameworks and Methodologies: Prince2, PMI and others
Course Contents (Day Three):
- Contingent Approach in Project Management
- Delphi Technique
- Continuous Improvement
- More on Agile Project Management and Lean
- Managing Uncertainty and Chaos
- Scalability in Project Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Who should attend:
Managers / Team Leaders responsible for running non-complex projects independently or supporting senior project managers in complex projects.
Previous training in Project Management based on the PMI Project Management framework (PMBoK®), and experience in conducting projects.
2 or 3 days (Recommended = 2 + 1)
English or French (with sufficient notice)